Tuesday, May 3, 2011

More answered prayers


My main goal for this blog is to advocate for orphans and for the people wanting to help them. I wasn't planning on doing much sharing about me or my family. But God has answered a prayer that is personal and goes along with the purpose of this blog, so I want to share what He has done.

Last year we were hoping to adopt a little girl with special needs from Eastern Europe. We spent time doing research and talking with people from different agencies.  We have a large family and it didn't look like we would be able to qualify, but we were praying that the Lord would make a way for it to happen.

We first saw the little one we were hoping to adopt on Reece's Rainbow, but after a month or so she disappeared. When we inquired, we were told that they had to return her file because they didn't find her a family. We felt that she had lost her voice...her place to be seen.

We found a couple of agencies where she was listed on their waiting child lists. We were in contact with one particular Christian agency that had her information.We did everything we could before we found out that we would not qualify to adopt this year. We reached a point where we knew that the door was closed and there would be nothing we could do except pray and wait for the Lord to open it. We are still waiting.

But we did not stop praying for her. She turned 5 in April. We didn’t feel that she had a good “chance” at being adopted, but we prayed that the Lord would bring her a family and that she would not have to wait. We didn’t know if it would even be possible to ever find out if she was adopted.

Last week I was flipping through my notebook where I write my prayer requests and answers. I saw her picture and said a prayer for her. I felt very strongly to go check the online photo listing of the agency. Her picture wasn’t there.

I contacted the agency to see if they could tell me if she had a family and I got an e-mail back today. She is being adopted!! A Christian family is working toward bringing her into their family. I am so happy. God is so good all the time. The little girl we loved will be loved and will get a family. And the Lord allowed us to know that our prayers were answered. We can have peace in our hearts about her and not feel like we let her down.

I am just now able to see that He is working so much good through our having to wait. There aren’t even words for how awesome our God is.

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! I am SO happy she is being adopted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is wonderful to know how God answers on prayers!Praise the Lord for little girl who is being adopted!

    ReplyDelete